Jefferson Milford Daniel
Jefferson Milford Daniel was born January 15, 1863, near Cale, Arkansas. He was the third of twelve children born to Jefferson Colly Daniel and his wife, Susan (Strickland) Daniel. Jefferson Colly Daniel was born March 31, 1835, in Georgia and moved with his parents to Arkansas about 1855, He was married to Susan Strickland June 13, 1858. She was born March 16, 1843, in Alabama and moved to Nevada County with her parents in the early 1850’s. Colly and Susan Daniel spent 51 years of their married life in Nevada County, moving to Brown County, Texas in 1889. There Colly died in 1920 and Susan in 1926.
Jefferson, who went by Milford, was married to Catherine Munn, on December 19, 1883. She was the daughter of Neill Munn and Rebecca Hamrick Munn. Neill Munn was born December 4, 1821, and moved from De Soto County, Mississippi with his first wife and their children on December 26, 1846, arriving in Hempstead County (now Nevada County) Arkansas on January 25, 1847. After the death of his first wife, he was married to Rebecca Hamrick on April 5, 1860. Catherine Munn Daniel was born October 2, 1867.
Milford and Catherine Daniel spent their entire lives in Nevada County except for one or two years spent in Brown County, Texas. The family lived for several years near Gale, for a few years in Prescott and then for several years at Laneburg. Milford was a carpenter by trade, and built (or helped to build) many of the early homes in Nevada County. He passed away at Laneburg on July 26, 1905. His wife, Catherine, survived him by only one- and one-half years, passing away at the family home in Laneburg on Jan. 8, 1907.
Children born to Milford and Catherine Daniel:
Pearl, born Jan. 12, 1886, near Cale, Arkansas and died May 12, 1923, buried in family lot at Laneburg. Married Harry F. Helton on Dec. 2, 1916 and had: Catherine b. Oct 15, 1917; Julia b. Oct 15, 1919; Harriet Ruth, b. Aug. 31, 1921.
Hugh, born Sept. 17, 1888, married Nora Caldicott in 1907, they had five children: Greer, b. in June 1908; Hazel born in March 1911; Faye born Nov. 1913; B.H. Jr. born Aug. 1921; Phena, born Nov. 1928.
3. Newton Neill, born Sept 17, 1893; married Evie Gateley, Apr. and had: Milford b. Jan 8, 1915; James born Feb. 4, 1918; Rebecca, born May 29, 1920; Gateley b. Aug. 9, 1924; Ide Catherine, b, July 29, 1927; Bernice b. April 4, 1950.
4. Munn, born Oct 2, 1895; married Ira Jobe Jan. 1920 end had: Louise, Jobe, Robert, Billy Dean, Emogene and Martha Myrl.
5. Jewel, b. Sept 19, 1899; married Horace Hale, Oct 19, 1915 and had; William Davie b. April 15, 1918; Helen b. May 9, 1923; Betty Jo, born Sept 7, 1927; Jacqueline Sue, b. July 25, 1929.
6. Ruby b. jug. 9, 1902; married John N. Hubbard June 6, 1924 ad: Monroe Irl, b. Feb. 1, 1925; Edward Rae b. bot. 6, 1931.
7. Opal, born Aug. 23, 1905. Unmarried.
Information furnished by Ruby Daniel Hubbard.