G. W. (Pete) Haltom
G. W. (Pete) Haltom’s father was Ezekiel Haltom, who came to Arkansas from Tennessee. Ezekiel Haltom was married several times, with his last wife being Miss Staggs of Nevada County. Ezekiel Haltom died Nov. 21, 1890.
Children of Ezekiel Haltom
Bob who married Leona Warmack
Nathan (Hop) who married Cora Jarvis
Ida who married Will Hay of Delta, Nevada County
Minnie who married Dr. Luck of Nevada County
G.W. (Pete); Tom (Mannie)
G.W. (Pete) Haltom, who was born in a log house near Rosston and decided not many years later that he wanted to go in the jewelry business. After living at Lewisville three or four years he moved to Bowie Texas in 1893, still following his ambition. In 1907 he moved his business to Fort Worth, where it is now the city's largest jewelry establishment - 60 employees, a manufacturing division and railroad time service.
Almost every year for several decades, Mr. Haltom would come back to Arkansas to visit Prescott, Little Rock, and to take the baths at Hot Springs. Two of his sons, E.P. and Chester Haltom, took over the jewelry business while Mr. Haltom helped to create Halton City about six miles east of Ft. Worth. It is currently a bustling city with a population of about 46,000 as of 2020. A subdivision called Meadow Oaks was also created which adjoined Mr. Haltom's 3000-acre ranch, where he and his two sons live in colonial type homes. He also built thirty brick and concrete buildings near the spot where the Denton and Dallas highways intersected one of which was the Community house, which provided space heat, lights and water to people in need without cost to them.
Arkansas Gazette Aug 26, 1941
Page 3 "NEWS ABOUT PEOPLE®
Owner of a Texas City